10 Best Persuasive Essay Topics You Should Write a Paper on
The main purpose of a persuasive essay is to persuade your audience to believe in your side of a debate. Controversial issues are great for this type of essay because there really isn’t a right or wrong answer. It is solely dependent on individual beliefs. Some individuals will agree with the topic and others will disagree. The more controversial issues will have around the same amount of people who believe in the topic as those who believe that it is wrong.
When writing a persuasive essay be sure to include a thesis statement and organize supporting ideas in separate paragraphs. Here are some of the best topics to choose from.
- Euthanasia: There is a huge controversy over whether doctor assisted suicide should be allowed.
- Animal Testing: Many people believe that it is okay to test vaccines on animals before they are tested on humans. Others believe that it isn’t fair that they are given deadly diseases without having a cure in place.
- Abortion: This is an issue in many states whether it is a crime to kill an unborn child. There are others who think that it is the mother’s right to choose.
- Legalization of marijuana: There is some controversy over whether marijuana should be legalized. It is used for medicinal purposes but should it be sold for recreational purposes.
- Animal cloning: Not sure if people are scared of the god complex or what but most people believe that cloning can lead to a lot of advances in genetics.
- Same sex marriages: Should people be able to marry who they want regardless of their gender?
- Death Penalty: Should murders be killed for their crimes?
- Genetic Engineering: Now that scientists know more about certain genes, should they use this information to make preordered babies?
- Cell Phone in school: Should kids be allowed to have their cell phones in school?
- Cyber Bullying: This has led to teen suicides. Should there be stricter control over what can be said over social media.
Controversial issues are great for these types of essays because there is usually plenty of information to support either side of the debate. The best thing you can do is to choose a topic that you feel strongly about whether it is to agree or to disagree and then support your side with factual evidence to persuade your audience to agree.