The Top 25 Free Argumentative Essay Topics For High School
An argumentative essay is a project, in which you are supposed to express your point of view and find reliable arguments to support it.
How to Choose a Topic
Choose a debatable essay topic that is interesting to you and can be supported with enough reference information, like the ones below:
- Have technologies made people more distracted from each other?
- Do you think that smartphones are used more often to play silly games than to make calls?
- Has the art of photography lost its spirit with the invention of flawless digital photography and graphic editors?
- Can text messaging completely replace the normal human communication?
- What is the trick that attracts people to social media?
- Can social networks ruin people’s skills of communication?
- Can a person be really alone, having hundreds of friends in social networks?
- Should parents control the online communication of their underage children?
- Do people need more information on the online security and online crimes?
- Can technologies be a useful part of the process of studying?
- Should smartphone applications that solve math problems be banned as the ones that destroy students’ motivation for studying?
- Can online learning ever replace the traditional offline teaching and studying?
- Is it possible that one day computers will evaluate and grade students’ projects and essays?
- Which influence is more powerful in teenagers and adults: the influence of television or the influence of the Internet?
- Why are people attracted to TV shows that show the life of celebrities, their problems, scandals, intimate details, etc.?
- Can a TV show like “16 and Pregnant” really discourage teenage girls from underage pregnancy?
- What’s the power of the standards that are poured onto us from TV screens?
- What’s your forecast of the future of television and live theatres?
- Is it possible that one day, social media means will lose their power over the society?
- Would you like trying to spend a day in a developed society that, however, has no television or Internet communication?
- Can you imagine the life without the Internet connection?
- Have computers and other gadgets that can get access to the Internet made us addicted to the global net?
- What’s the age when children can be allowed to surf the Web and have an account in a social network?
- Is the Internet a tool that can turn the world upside down?
- How do you see the world without the today’s developed technologies?