Looking for Funny Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Compare and contrast essays are written to analyze the similarities or differences of two subjects. You should choose the subjects that you want to compare. However, make sure that they are comparable in a meaningful way, then compose your thesis statement and start organizing your paper. You should learn what steps to take before you select a topic.
- Choose the subjects:
You cannot compose a good argument until you pick two subjects that are similar enough to be compared. They should be quite different, but still have something in common. You can compare two movies, events, articles, cities, historical periods, etc.
- Do some reading:
You should choose literary sources and learn the similarities and differences of the subjects; do not forget to take notes. You should also brainstorm and analyze the information you have. It is a good idea to draw a Venn diagram to compare them.
- Write your thesis statement:
If you can create a strong thesis statement, you can write a good essay on the topic. Otherwise, you should take your time and consider other options.
Once you understand how you should work on your topic, study some funny essay topics and select the one you find the most interesting.
- Who makes a better friend –male or female?
- Where is it more comfortable to study – in a big or small university?
- What is the difference between a dream and a real vacation?
- What is worse – acting or lying?
- What do you hate more – being afraid or being bored?
- Where would you like to work – in the White house or in a school?
- What profession is more appealing to you – being a doctor or being an actor?
- What animal is more terrifying – an elephant or a mouse?
- Who looks funnier – a kitten or a squirrel?
- What way of teaching is better – online or traditional teaching?
- What natural event is more dangerous – earthquake or tsunami?
- What is more important –physical or inner beauty?
- Should people have pet dogs or pet cats?
- What is more dangerous for human health – pollution in the United States or in Russia?
- What are the main reasons why rich people do not understand poor people?
- What is more interesting – to watch a TV show or a funny homemade video online?
- What car do you drive and what car do you dream of owning?
- Who influences teenagers more – their families or celebrities?
- What caused World War I and World War II?